View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 am 
Yeah...I guess that makes sense...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 pm 
How am I supposed to acquire points when I have played 3 of 4 weeks and have 1 week of stats?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:40 pm 
Bo,

As of right now, the League Director is responsible for entering all stats. I expect he'll respond to your question.

We'd thought of moving to a one-statistician-per-division approach a week or so ago, but chose to put the decision on hold to see how things progressed with one person entering all stats. Having more weeks data to go on, I'll be recommending we now move to the one-statistician-per-division method as I feel this will deliver a better outcome to the league.

I think that if we couple the one-statistician-per-division approach with a requirement that all captains (or any pro tem with a smartphone) email their scoresheet with 12 hours of match end then I don't see we can't have all stats up by the Saturday after the previous Tuesday's play, at latest. Personally, I'd commit to getting the division for which I would enter stats up within 48 hours of getting the scoresheet emails.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:01 pm 
robw wrote:
Bo,

I think that if we couple the one-statistician-per-division approach with a requirement that all captains (or any pro tem with a smartphone) email their scoresheet with 12 hours of match end then I don't see we can't have all stats up by the Saturday after the previous Tuesday's play, at latest. Personally, I'd commit to getting the division for which I would enter stats up within 48 hours of getting the scoresheet emails.

Camscanner on Android....free and easy, been using it for work for 5 years. results can be instantly transmitted. I believe that George doesnt have all the sheets sometimes in the mail til the following Monday (in his defense). The league should have some kind of a meeting where all the captains can get together and promote this kind of thing...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disclaimer...this is a humorous post with a tidbit of true experience. I agree that timley information transfer is easily achieved and would grow and enhance the shooting experience of all involved.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:57 am 
Mike,

About 70% of scoresheets are received via USPS each week, so that absolutely puts the League Director at a big handicap in getting stats up timely since it can take several days for a scoresheet sent my USPS to arrive. The League has allowed for sending in scoresheets via email/smartphone for some time now, but has never mandated it. I think we need to rethink that position and make it a requirement. We can discuss at the GMM on Monday.

Re scanning: on the iPhone there are several scanners that can create pdf files. I use Genius Scan, which I think was $3. There might be free apps too.

It's best to create a pdf file, but you could just take a photo of the scorehseet and email the photo as an image file, a jpg file, I believe.

As long there's high enough image resolution to make it legible it will work. I've found about 400k file size up ensures its legible. Obvioulsy the source image has to be well-focused too, else the resulting file will be useless.

My view is that this is 2013: with smartphones we have a more efficient way we can gather our weekly scores than via USPS. If we can get all scoresheets emailed in timely, this will save us about 3 days on the front end.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31 am 
actually if you have a android phone google drive lets you scan and email pdfs

and its free with your google account

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:36 pm 
Malkith wrote:
actually if you have a android phone google drive lets you scan and email pdfs

and its free with your google account

Yes, but what if you believe Google is Skynet?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:36 pm 
well then you should prolly avoid the internet entirely

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:50 pm 
Yes, but what if you believe Google is Skynet?[/quote]

Then Google is going to find and kill you no matter what you do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:39 pm 
that is also true

Go to page Previous  1, 2