View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Player Points Explained
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:38 pm 
We’re going to roll out a new stat of Player Points (‘Points’) this season, which will be similar to the Fischer Points used recently. Points are mainly for comparative purposes between players and to track a shooter’s progress over time; they don’t affect league standings in any way.

We will, however, use Points to award a Player of the Week award, and a runner-up, in each division. This award is simply a virtual badge which will be shown next to a player’s name on the website.

A shooter’s Points are the sum of (i) points earned from game activity (wins & losses, points vary depending on game type) plus (ii) points earned from All Stars (or “notables”; note that this has nothing to do with our mid-season All Star shoots).

(i) Game Activity

Points earned by each shooter participating in a won game will be:

Singles games ~ 10 pts
Doubles games ~7 pts
3-person games ~ 5 pts
4-person games ~ 3 pts* (except for the C format 2 pt game which will yield 6 pts)

(ii) All-Stars/Notables

Points earned by each shooter for getting the following “notables” will be as shown below. Points are cumulative. e.g. If you hit a regular game Out by taking out 78 then you’ll get 10 pts for the regular out plus 10 pts for the HiOffA (see below). You’ll also get the points listed in (i) Game Activity, above, for the win.

Regular out ~ 10 pts
Half out (in a best of 3 game) ~ 5 pts (losing shooter getting a Half Out will earn 5 pts)

HiOnA (76-114 scored) ~ 5 pts
HiOnB (115+ scored) ~ 10 pts
HiOffA (76-114 scored) ~ 10 pts
HiOff (115+) ~ 20 pts
Roundof9 (Cricket) ~ 20 pts
Ton71+ ~ 20 pts
Low dart (<=15 darts) 501 ~ 20 pts (each shooter involved in the leg earns pts in the C format)
Low dart (<=11 darts) 301 ~ 20 pts (each shooter involved in the leg earns pts)

Example (from the A format)

A. Jack loses the 501 best of 3, 1-2 legs, but takes out 134 in the 2nd leg
B. Jack win the 3-person 801, and gets the outshot of 48 pts
C. Jack wins the doubles best-of-3 301 game, 2-0. Jack got a 120 In, and took out the 1st leg with a 24
D. Jack wins the doubles Cricket. His partner took the Out but Jack hit a Round of 9
E. Jack lost the 4-man DoubleIn 701 game, but got the In of 68 pts.

Points scored are:
A. 5 pts for the HalfOut, 20 pts for the HiOffB: 25 pts total
B. 5 pts for the win, plus 10 pts for the Out: 15 pts total
C. 7 pts for win, plus 10 pts for the HiOnB plus 5 pts for the Out: 22 pts total
D. 7 pts for the win, plus 20pts for the Round of9 = 27 pts total
E. 0pts: no win, no out, no notables

Total points for week are 79 pts (25+15+22+27). This is an extreme example to illustrate a point. In reality the bulk of the points for the bulk of the shooters will come solely from Wins and Outs.

The above is subject to change as we have to finalize setup in the YourLeagueStats website. We’ll evaluate how the system does before the end of the season and may tweak it before Spring season as needs dictate. Once the season is underway we cannot change the points awarded, due to the way the stats database is established. You will have deep game-specific info at your disposal anyway, so you’ll be free to sorts and filter stats, and also to export stats to Excel and do you own analysis if you choose.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:33 pm 
Quick question: who is going to enter these stats into the data base and how quickly after the matches are you hoping to have them available?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
The league is hiring an elf part time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 pm 
Match results (e.g. just the 7-6 team result) are entered by the day after the match by the League Recorder, Bill M.

Individual game results and "notables", aka 'stats', are entered by the Division Director, George J, as was the case prior to YourLeagueStats. There are 30 matches to enter each week, which is a lot of effort each week, and we're expecting to have everything complete by the Monday following the prior Tuesday's games at latest.

Unlike before, the stats can be updated piecemeal so there'll be plenty of times when some divisions' stats are current but others are still in progress.

This is a new system and all new systems have teething troubles so we'd ask that players are patient if we have to work out any early issues.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:01 am 
do normal players need to worry about a log in?

or is that only needed for the people actually entering data?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:09 am 
Normal players do not to log on to YLS site, only league administrators do.

The site is completely public as far as viewing goes: no password required.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:47 pm 
Since there is a lot of data to be entered by George on a weekly basis, any chance of delegating some of it so we can get the site updated quicker? Like delegate divisions 1-3 to person x, then 4-7 to person y and the rest to person z and then someone to review...just a thought. It seems like it shouldn't be on one person to enter all the info.

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:16 pm 
I can volunteer for D2.

http://www.twitter.com/OEDLPhilly
http://www.facebook.com/OEDLdarts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:46 am 
I would think that whomever would do a few divisions and not the division in which they are in. So, you would do 4-6...or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:39 am 
I get the idea, but I only have time for 1 division. And covering one's own div would be more efficient (not to mention more personally interesting) - getting two score sheets on-site at night, having that info ready while waiting for the other four sheets.

But this is all hypothetical anyway.

http://www.twitter.com/OEDLPhilly
http://www.facebook.com/OEDLdarts

Go to page 1, 2  Next