View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:01 am 
We changed the stats entry process in Week 5 to having 10 different Division statisticians enter stats for a designated division. Previously the League Director was responsible for entering stats for all divisions.

As a result of this change, the % of matches entered (as of 10/28 7pm) increased from 24% for Week 4 games to 60% for Week 5 games. If we'd started the season with this approach I believe we'd even more complete, but I think this is pretty good progress for a change that we were forced to make mid-season.

Nevertheless, our goal is be 100% complete for a given week by the following Monday at 6pm (this guideline was approved by the Board last night). I don't know that we'll always get there, but this is our stated goal.

Getting stats entered timely is based upon all Captains (whether home or road team) emailing a legible scanned white copy scoresheet to oedlscores@gmail.com so the division statistician can do his/her job.

Backlog

We have a sizeable backlog to address, mainly re Weeks 3 and 4. Since we have not yet received (either electronic copy or hard copy) the past weeks scoresheets from the League Director, we (i.e. the Division statisticians) can't address this problem. However, the League Director has committed to providing all these scoresheets tonight so hopefully we'll then be in a position to fix the backlog.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:41 pm 
We got the back weeks scoresheets from the Division Director on Tuesday night. These have now been scanned and made available to the 10 Division statisticians. Now that we can see the back weeks we've been able to make some quick strides in getting current.

As 5pm Friday 11/1, Divisions 1-3, and Divisions 5 & 6 are 100% current (many thanks to Jeff- Div 1, Lauren - Div 2, Ron - Div 3, and Griff - Div 6), and progress has been made with other divisions and I expect further progress will be made over the weekend.

Captains: Remember to scan and email to oedlscores@gmail.com your signed white copy scoresheet after Tuesday's matches. This is how your stats get entered.

Captains: If you DO email in your scoresheet and the stats still don't get updated timely, then shame on us. If you DO NOT email in your scoresheet and you wonder why your stats aren't showing, then shame on you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:01 pm 
Just a quick note to let you know that we've hit our deadline of getting 100% current in nine of our ten divisions by 6pm tonight. The status by division (including the division statistician responsible) is shown below.

Div 1 - Jeff B. - 100% current
Div 2 - Lauren W. - 100% current
Div 3 - Ron R. - 100% current
Div 4 - George J. - 60% current [Week 5 ~ 3 matches open, Week 4 ~ 2 matches open, Week 3 ~ 1 match open]*
Div 5 -Rob W. - 100% current
Div 6 - John G. - 100% current
Div 7 - Don C. - 100% current
Div 8- Elvis W. - 100% current
Div 9 - Walt F. - 100% current
Div 10 - BillMo - 100% current

Special thanks to Lauren for helping clear Div 8's backlog.

Note * - currently waiting reply from George as to when Div 4 backlog will be cleared.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:22 am 
I can do D4 today. Will start in the afternoon if matches still haven't been updated.

http://www.twitter.com/OEDLPhilly
http://www.facebook.com/OEDLdarts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:07 pm 
Division director ? It took me approximately 45 minutes to get caught up to week 5.
How can a division check teams they are playing when stats are not up to date.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:22 pm 
I just need the D4 O'Neal's Team Smoke vs. Druid's Keep Week 4 score sheet and everything will be up to date.

http://www.twitter.com/OEDLPhilly
http://www.facebook.com/OEDLdarts