View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
 Post subject: May 2015 minutes of BOD
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 pm 
Offline
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 am
Posts: 49
Minutes of OEDL Board Meeting of May 20, 2015



Present: Greg Rand, Bill Moriarty; Anthony Darnell, Mike Reighn, Rob Williamson, George Jones, Jeff Baxter, Don Copeland, Jr., Grif

Also in attendance was Ron Pelczar, Chairman Emeritus

Also in attendance was OEDL Social Media Coordinator, Lauren Wakal

Also in attendance: Hundreds of mosquito

Absent; Edward Drumstas

Meeting called to order @ 8:13 PM

Unanimous approval of revised BOD Minutes from prior meeting.

Officers’ Reports

1.Chairman: None
2. President: None
3. VP: Reports strong progress in all matters of relevance.

4. Secretary: None

5. Treasurer: Jeff Baxter reported that the League presently has $ 38,150.37 total cash on hand.

6. League Director:
.
7. Recorder None.


OLD BUSINESS

Jeff Baxter and Mike Reighn reported on the status of the awards for the OEDL teams which have won championship awards, plates, high on high off, etc. Jeff reported that he is still proofing the plates, mugs etc.

Mike reported that most teams had failed to report back to him by the given date deadline with their selections as to their team championship apparel. At the date of the meeting, there were still 7 teams which had no yet reported back to Mike. After discussion it was decided that Mike would place the order for the apparel for the teams which had reported back to the League. Mike would follow up with the none reporting teams asap. There is a chance that the these late reporting teams would receive their apparel at a date beyond the OEDL Banquet due to their failure to adhere to the set deadline to receive their information.

Discussion was held for future team championship apparel to simplify the selection and ordering process. Discussion included using a single vendor and allowing teams to select among several options. Additional discussion as to using the names directly from the OEDL league website for spelling and identification purposes for awards.

Banquet Prep for all BOD MEMBERS

The BOD discussed the duties which needed to be performed to properly organize and administer the annual OEDL banquet this year at Cavs Riverdeck.

The BOD agreed that all members SHALL arrive at the banquet location at 9:00 am sharp (aka 9:15am) so that the event may be set up in a timely fashion.

1. DART BOARDS (Delivery and Set up)

There will be least 8 pop up boards used during the event to be set up in areas designated by the BOD along the north side of the pier along the railing; 5 boards are currently in storage; Mike Reighn is coordinating approval from Quaker City to borrow another 5 boards for us to use.

Anthony Darnell is taking the lead to retrieve the boards on the Friday before the event; Don will lend assistance as needed. Other Board members as available may assist. On the day of the event, Eddie was volunteered to perform board set up duties. Billmo and Grif will also perform set up duties.

2. Admission Table: Don Copeland and George Jones
3. Voting Table: Rob Williamson and Grif
4. Board set up: All Board members until completion
5. Awards : All Board members until completion
6. MC Spoonie and Lauren

Further, the BOD agreed that the pop up darts boards may be returned on the Monday following the event and theit will pay for truck rental expense.

BAR Options

12:00-1:00 pm Cash Bar (open for Board for work performance)
1:00-5:00 pm Open Bar to all members of the OEDL
5:00 til close of event Cash Bar (open to Board members for work performance)

Motion to approve above bar option passed 8-0 with one abstention

The Board agreed to a down payment to cavs for the Banquet.

Billmo will work his usual magic in terms of the LOD brackets and organization

There will be music and a photobooth….




-
Philabundance/Charity Event

The BOD considered moving the event due to a scheduling conflict with members of the Quaker city dart league and to provide for a date which would permit greater turnout for the event. The new date of the event is September 26, 2015. Motion passed 6-3.



Rules Committee

Jeff Baxter is chairman and Jeff will undertake duties to fill his committee. By the next meeting in June, Jeff will decide the committee construct of the committee. Jeff will try and schedule meeting for some time in July of 2015. Don will review items from minutes of last year to ensure any and all issues raised during the past year are brought to Jeffs attention for consideration.


Tony Darnell states that he is really really cold at this point in the meeting as the temperature is now rapidly declining. At least the cold seems to have driven away the damn mosquitos.

The BOD approved that the League will provide event T-shirts to the league as in past years. Griff will look into a design and get moving on this including a design for the shirt. Who knew Grif had artistic talent?

Spoonie raised the issue for a informal casual dinner for BOD members of the past 2014-2105 term. The issue was well received along the lines of burgers and beers or something of reasonable cost.



Motion to Adjourn.

The next OEDL BOD Meeting will be held at Oneals Pub June 10 2015. 8:00pm.

Motion to adjourn meeting was unanimously approved. 10:45 pm.


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu